Mulberry Construction Group
Bak Cladding Solutions
Standing Seam Roof & Structural Deck
Perforated Rainscreen Plank & Support
The new £6M Savoy Cinema Multiplex is the latest phase in the transformation of the former Tresham College site, which has seen Corby Borough Council and the Homes and Communications Agency (HCA) merge their land to provide large-scale commercial development opportunities. Savoy Cinemas complex is capable of seating more than 900 people across six wall-to-wall screens in spacious, stadium seated auditoria.
Specific Project Challenges
- Considerable budget restraints for envelope materials
- Expedited 9-month build programme
- Bespoke, complex curved roof and façade design
- Site rolled top sheets were supplied to provide a continuous seamless finish to the standing seam roof, whilst also offering time savings against programme.
- 2mm thick, anodised aluminium plank, supported by a bespoke helping hand support system, to provide a cost effective, yet flexible and accurate façade solution
- A single point 25-year warranty covering roof and façade products, including interface detailing between systems