Thomas Vale Construction
Midland Steel Erection
SFS/Rainscreen Support System and Rainscreen Panel
CE Marked SFS system and BBA support system
The new £5.5m state-of-the-art Beacon building was created as part of a £40m investment in Staffordshire University’s City campus in Stoke-on-Trent. A three storey, metal-clad building, it features innovative learning and social spaces. These include 12 timetabled teaching areas and general teaching rooms, flexible, multi-sized space for lectures, IT labs, seminar spaces, and The Pavilion Café which offers a street-food style menu.
Specific Project Challenges
- Maintaining the critical system interface details from the SFSinstaller to the rainscreen cladding installer.
- Ensuring colour continuity from one anodised aluminimum batchto another.
Unique project features
- A bespoke natural anodised plank system, designed toseamlessly facilitate linear vertical modules.
- New anodising finishing techniques, featuring etched, brushedand polished finishes.
- A fully designed and warrantied through–wall solution from asingle manufacturer.