The Ash & Lacy name is synonymous with quality engineering and its history can be traced back to 1864, making it one of the oldest companies in the West Midlands.
Ash & Lacy Building Products Division was formed in 1989 with the launch of the AshFix range of fasteners & accessories. This was followed in 1991 by the development of AshGrid, the first spacer support system for built-up metal roofing and cladding. In the same year the lightweight metal framed AshJack over-roof conversion system was introduced again quickly becoming the market leader in flat-to-pitch roof conversion.
In 1995 the AshFab range of bespoke architectural fabrications was added to the Ash & Lacy product range and a branch in Glasgow was opened. With business growing by up to 50% per year the company set up a London depot in 1999 and in 2000 acquired the present site at Bromford Lane, creating 60,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing and warehousing space and 10,000 sq. ft. of office space. 2000 also saw the launch of the AshTech rainscreen cladding system. In 2002 the company changed its name to Ash & Lacy Building Systems to more accurately reflect the growing product range followed closely by the formation of the Specification Division in early 2003 with the launch of the AshZip standing seam roofing system.
As a result of continued organic growth of the Fabrication business, the Glasgow branch was moved to larger premises in 2002. In 2006 the London Fabrication business was relocated from Kingston to a larger modern site in Chessington.
In July 2011, Ash & Lacy Building Systems was bought by Jonathan Evans, following Hill and Smith plc's decision to focus on its remaining core businesses.
1857 - Formed First Company - Joseph Ash
1864 - Joined with John Pierce Lacy to form Ash & Lacy
1970 - Ash & Lacy Steel Products Formed
1975 - Floclad Added to Product Range
1984 - Flospan Buildings Developed and Launched/Dekex Fully Sealed Roof System Launched
1986 - Continuous Composite Panel Line Introduced to Produce Kaltech Composite Panels
1989 - Ash & Lacy Building Systems Started, Following Sale of Cladding Business to Conder Group
1989 - AshFix and AshGrid AG35 Launched
1991 - AshJack & AshGrid AG40 Patented and Launched
1993 - Move from Smethwick to Hill Top Industrial Estate
1995 - Glasgow Branch Opened/Gem Fasteners Acquired/AshFab Launched
1999 - London Branch Opened
2000 - Acquisition by Hill & Smith Holdings plc/Move to Current Bromford Lane Site/AshTech Launched
2002 - Glasgow Facility Moves to South Street
2003 - Specification Division Formed/AshZip Launched
2006 - London Branch Moves from Kingston to Chessington
2011 - Acquisition by Jonathan Evans