AshJack™ Lightweight Over-Roof System
The AshJack over-roofing conversion system has been the choice option for two decades. Progressive system innovation has ensured that it remains undefeated, providing a new and enhanced lease of life for the widest possible range of failed flat roofs, in both the public and private sectors.
AshJack is the ideal flat-to-pitch solar conversion system and can form a perfect stand alone solar array support system on solar farms - the most economical way to "go green" and reduce energy costs, while the existing flat roof remains in situ. The additional insulation layer(s) that AshJack facilitates make a valuable further contribution to energy savings.
- A permanent, quickly installed and weathertight solution to flat roof failure.
- Systems individually designed and tailored to suit structural requirements.
- Major clients within the NHS, MOD, MOJ/food store retailers/private developers.
- Propped rafter/ultra-light spanning truss system options.
- Full solar PV support.
- Highly cost-effective option, especially where public spending cuts are being imposed.
- Minimal disruption to building occupants.
- Dramatically upgrades building aesthetics.
- Accepts the widest variety of roof finishes, from metal cladding, to real/simulated tiles and slates.
- Upgrade thermal performance, in full compliance with the latest building regulation requirements.
- Life of building considerably extended and future maintenance costs reduced.
- Ideal for new build - lightweight alternative to timber trusses or heavy hot rolled sections.
- The perfect roof solution for modular “off-site” building construction.
- Accommodates sedum green roofs.
- Audited, insurance-backed Protector Warranty available.
- Technical support includes design/ take-offs/site surveys/planning drawings/ elevational drawings.
- BBA and LANTAC approvals.
Lightweight flat-to-pitch over-roof conversion systems were first developed in the late 1980’s and have been used extensively throughout the public and private sector as a permanent refurbishment solution for failed flat roofs.
By constructing a lightweight steel subframe over the existing roof (which is then over-clad), an effective pitch is created to facilitate water run-off.
This combined with the relocation of drainage to the outside of the building ensures water is permanently removed from a roof and the potential for any further problems eliminated. Developed by Ash & Lacy in 1991, AshJack was the first structural lightweight flat-to-pitch over-roof conversion system to be introduced in the UK. Supported by a network of experienced installers, AshJack provides a range of systems, which can be individually tailored to suit the specific structural and design requirements of the existing building.